Friday, December 2, 2016

Just a little about us

I expect most of you reading this are going to be friends and family who know us well enough to know most of this but I should probably introduce us to the rest of the world. Hopefully I can keep it short and sweet.

I'm Heather! Woman of many trades and varied interests with an admittedly storied past. I became a mother for the first time at 17. I found myself unexpectedly alone and facing a future I had never imagined with this tiny being in my arms. I didn't know at the time how I was bumbling down exactly the path I needed to get to a future I could never have dreamed of.

I met my husband Michael when I was 19. I worked front desk at a hotel and he was a bartender in the bar connected to the hotel. He had taken the job to fight his boredom after returning from a deployment to Iraq with the National Guard. My best friend watched my daughter while Mike took me on our first date and I came home to tell her that this was the man I was going to spend the rest of my life with. I haven't let him escape since.

Michael works 6+ long days a week for the Veteran's Administration, most of those days from home. I work 24 hours a day trying to avoid laundry and teach our kids to be pleasant human beings. We each have our strengths around here. He's a Cubs fan with a cyst in his brain that may or may not be the cause of his severe vertigo and migraines on top of already being a disabled vet.

We have four amazing daughters who act like we never feed them and think they work too hard. H is 13, A is going to be 8 this Sunday, W is 5, and B just turned 3. They keep us busy and laughing and poor and frustrated and full of love. So full of love that we decided we needed to have just one more baby. Because hello, babies are freaking awesome! I'll pick up the story of this pregnancy in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment